Monday, March 5, 2007

Jack's Exciting News

Well, Jack has some exciting news to share with everyone. He's actually so thrilled about it that he went out and got a t-shirt made so that he can display his announcement proudly. Of course, you can only get the full effect of this amazing t-shirt when he's standing up and since he's only standing up well when he's leaning on something, it was quite difficult to capture in a picture. However, we did manage to get a couple pictures for the blog. So here's Jack's big announcement . . .



And if you didn't get the full effect of the t-shirt from the previous picture, here's one with Jack stretching his arms up so that you can read every word (and also see up his nostrils).

That's right folks, the McCravy family is expecting a new addition sometime around October 15, 2007!!! And we couldn't be more thrilled about the news!

We have already had an ultrasound and everything looks absolutely perfect right now. The day of the ultrasound the baby was measuring 7 weeks 1 day. Here are some of the first pictures taken. I know it only looks like a blob right now, but let's remember, that's what Jack looked like the first time we saw him, too!

Here's a picture of the first measurement: 10.8 mm - wow that's small!
The arrow is pointing to the baby. The blob on the left is the placenta.


To answer some of your questions, I am definitely feeling pregnant with the typical fatigue (I try to nap when Jack does if I can) and nausea (actually it's more than nausea, but I won't elaborate on that here). Jack and his new sibling will be about 18 months apart in age and we love that they will be close. We're thinking that Jack will have a much easier time adjusting to the new addition than Hank will. At this point Hank doesn't really seem to care a whole lot about Jack, but another baby will probably rock his world! We'll keep you posted on that and many other developments along the way, so stop by and see what's happening with us anytime.

7 comments:

Carly said...

Congratulations, McCravy's! I guess Craig and I better start catching up. :) Love you and keep us blog readers informed on all of the progress!

Carly

jessica said...

MEGAN!!!!Congratulations!!!! How exciting! I can't believe it! Jack had some HUGE news! He is such a cutie, Megan. You and Marshall have such a wonderful family and it's so great to watch it grow. Congratulations and tell Jack to keep us posted.

Charlotte Evans said...

We are so happy for you, Megan, Marshall and Jack! Take good care of each other during this time. Tell Hank to hang in there - he will adjust and love it. We love you. Our prayers are with you. Al & Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Let's get together soon. I am so excited for you!

Jenn said...

Megan, congratulations! This is wonderful news. And I'm so glad Mama sent me your blog... I can catch up on Jack before his little sibling gets here.

-Jenn(ifer)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for yall! Little Jack is going to be a great Big brother! Hope your feeling well Megan!
Amanda C. Bailey

Unknown said...

AAH! Congratulations, JACK! ;-)

I am SO happy for ya'll! He is so big now... I miss all of you, so much! Hopefully we'll get to see you sometime soon...

Jack: I love you, very much and miss you! Tell Mommy and Daddy to come visit Granny Mac and all her grandkids. ;-)

Love,
Allison