Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Nursery Pictures

Since people keep asking me to post them, here are some pictures of the nursery. We were waiting for it to get "finished" before posting pictures, but since that probably won't happen until way after she arrives, we decided to go ahead! The walls are actually a really light pink (though, to most men in the family they just look white) and her name is hanging over the crib in white letters - neither of these things show up very well in pictures.


We are waiting on the arrival of some painted canvas prints that we ordered to hang above the changing table, so that's why there's this huge bare space on the wall there!

Although you can't really see it, the book on the dresser is called God Gave Us Two. It's a really sweet sequel to God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergen and Laura J. Bryant which made me cry!

Isn't the coat rack just adorable? Thanks, Granny & Grandy!


There are lots of special things about Anna's room that you really can't see in the pictures. These frames on the shelf contain pictures of two of her great-grandmothers who were very special ladies and inspired the name Anna Kathryne.




This picture that is hanging next to her crib was cross-stitched by Marshall's Nan (pictured above) and his mom found it, had it framed, and gave it to us over five years ago as an engagement present.






This picture was cross-stitched by my mom and I always liked it so she had it framed and gave it to me for my birthday about seven years ago.






Another sweet frame on display was a gift from Granny & Granny with Anna's 4D ultrasound picture in it. It also has "her" verse printed on the frame:
Children are a gift from the Lord. Psalm 127:3







And of course, if you missed our previous post, all of the nursery bedding was made especially for Anna by Grammy and her good friend Linda, which makes it extra special!

6 comments:

Shaun Garcia said...

Megan, I'll be praying for you next week!
I'm so excited for all of you, and your nursery is so sweet!
-Vanessa

Meredith said...

Megan, that is one gorgeous nursery!

jessica said...

Megan!!! I can't believe you'll have a little girl by next weekend! I'm so excited for you and Marshall and Jack. Your nursery is adorable! I'll be praying for you next Wednesday!

:) jess

Carly said...

Meg, the nursery looks great! I can totally tell the walls are pink. :) Love all the personal touches.

Kelly said...

Beautiful!! Best wishes with your little girl! :-) I'll be praying for you and Anna, and Marshall and Jack!

The Dales said...

How stinkin' cute!! I LOVE it! Oh how I wish for a baby girl one day!!