So I decided to copy Amber and show you some of my favorite Christmas decorations.
TREES:
This year Grammy gave us small trees for the kids' rooms. The one in Jack's room is Marshall's old tree that he had in his bedroom growing up. Here he is decorating it a few nights ago.
TREES:
This year Grammy gave us small trees for the kids' rooms. The one in Jack's room is Marshall's old tree that he had in his bedroom growing up. Here he is decorating it a few nights ago.
Here's our big tree. Not a great picture because of all the light, but you can see Jack doing what he loves best - rearranging the ornaments. All of them are special and have some sort of meaning or memory attached, so I love pulling them out to put on the tree every year.
My Jewel Tree - a family heirloom.
NATIVITY SCENES:
One of my most favorite things about decorating for Christmas is bringing out our special nativity scenes. This is what I asked for several years ago, and before we had kids, we kept it out year-round. Then Jack broke Joesph's hand off and we decided it was better to only have it out at Christmas. No worries, super glue does amazing things!
Both kids have nativity scenes in their rooms that they are allowed to play with. This one came from Beverly & Jim for Jack's first Christmas, but he decided it was ok to share with Anna this year.
My Jewel Tree - a family heirloom.
NATIVITY SCENES:
One of my most favorite things about decorating for Christmas is bringing out our special nativity scenes. This is what I asked for several years ago, and before we had kids, we kept it out year-round. Then Jack broke Joesph's hand off and we decided it was better to only have it out at Christmas. No worries, super glue does amazing things!
Both kids have nativity scenes in their rooms that they are allowed to play with. This one came from Beverly & Jim for Jack's first Christmas, but he decided it was ok to share with Anna this year.
The Fisher Price set came from Pop & Grammy and this year it is a huge hit with both kids.
STOCKINGS:
This was my big splurge last year, so that we would have matching stockings. I love them! And, I was thinking ahead and went back after Christmas and ordered another one once it was on clearance, good thing, huh?!
This was my big splurge last year, so that we would have matching stockings. I love them! And, I was thinking ahead and went back after Christmas and ordered another one once it was on clearance, good thing, huh?!
Both Marshall and I have a stocking made for our first Christmas from our grandmother's (Nan & Mamac). We have an ongoing battle as to whose stocking is "better." If you think it's his, don't bother to leave a comment on this post!
MISCELLANEOUS:
Another one of my favorite things to bring out at Christmas is the Rudolph that my Granddaddy made years ago.
Another one of my favorite things to bring out at Christmas is the Rudolph that my Granddaddy made years ago.
This is not so much one of my favorites, but the kids seem to love the fact that their Daddy strung Christmas lights around their playhouse. And the snowman in the window . . . well, he's similar to the dancing chickens and the kids are a HUGE fan (I'm sure a video will be coming soon)!

5 comments:
I'm glad I started a trend! The jewel tree would have to be my favorite. What an original decoration! I've got to get one of the fisher price nativity scenes. I don't have one the girls can touch and that's probably not a good thing. It just doesn't sound right to say, "If you break baby Jesus you are going to time out!"
The jewel tree is awesome!! And I think its so cute that Marshall strung lights on the kids playhouse! :)
Love the decorations! I've got to get on the ball and decorate my house.
Love seeing all the decorations! I have a stocking that my grandmother made my first Christmas too. It is cross stitched and has my name on it. It is still "in use". :)
Hey Megan,
I found your blog through Johanna Chapman's. I am excited to see that you are expecting again!! Three is fun, I will keep checking in to see how you all are doing.
Sarah K. Smith
Post a Comment