Yesterday we got a package in the mail from my dear sweet Aunt containing this lovely gift . . . . Can you tell what it is? It's a chicken dressed up as Frankenstein.
This new gift brings our total to FOUR . Four what? - you might ask. Why, four chickens dressed up for Halloween, of course! Now the annoying - oops, I mean SPECIAL - thing about these chickens is that they play a classic song when you press the magic button. Again, I know you're asking yourself - what song? Well, it's the CHICKEN DANCE SONG. If you don't know the chicken dance song, lucky you! It's very loud - especially with multiple chickens playing it at one time.
Yes, I know it's crazy that we have FOUR Halloween chickens, however, the insanity doesn't stop there. This whole chicken obsession actually began at Christmas when Beverly and Jim gave us the original dancing chicken (oh yeah, did I mention that these chickens not only sing the song, they dance to it as well!) dressed up as a reindeer.
Eventually Jack fell in love with the dancing chicken and figured out how to push the button so that it played over and over and over and over . . . all while Hank is going ballistic barking and barking and barking as this groovy bird. And since my dear sweet Aunt and Uncle knew how we felt about their gift, they went out and bought (yes, they are actually spending money on these things!) us something special for Easter.
So this most recent gift actually brings the grand total to SIX dancing chickens! I'm actually a little nervous because although we have six chickens, they only cover three holidays. And I'm sure that if Thanksgiving, Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, and Fourth of July chickens exist, then my talented Aunt will find them - and then send them to us!

2 comments:
Megan, that is so funny! Hannah is scared of those things so we don't have one. I hope you can get the Chicken Dance song out of your head soon.
I think we need to see them sing and dance all at the same time . How about it ?????
love,mama
Post a Comment