Pray for us . . . we're hitting the potty training thing full steam in just a couple days. We've been talking about it for a while now and Jack knows that Friday we are saying bye-bye to diapers. He's pretty excited about it - I think. He wants to wear big boy underwear (training pants - I'm not quite ready for the real deal yet), and he generally goes on the potty a couple times a day if we encourage him. He will pretty much do anything for candy, and since we haven't rewarded him with that yet, I'm hoping that will make the difference. We've cleared our schedule and are planning to stay home for a few days to get going, so we will just have to wait and see what happens. I will definitely keep you posted (those of you who care about whether or not my child pees and poops on the potty)!
Megan - where did you get the chart? That is great - I'd like to have one for Nolan (although we are probably 6 months away for him - he is TOTALLY not interested). Good luck!
I defintiely care. We've started Lorelai with some minimal training, but will hit it full-steam ahead this summer. Good luck to you and good luck to us, too! The chart is adorable. Did you make it?
We spent a few days in the garage in just underware playing. I kept a potty out there to use and he got the hang of it, especially when he felt the pee running down his leg!! We still use candy as rewards, but it works!
Occasional snippets of life as we know it with a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and a baby on the way! Oh, and a rather large, sometimes neurotic weimaraner completes this family package!
Jack
Every good and perfect gift is from above . . . James 1:17
Jack is our stubborn firstborn. At 3 years old, he’s an active kid who enjoys running, jumping, and talking REALLY LOUD! Lover of anything with wheels, he’s definitely all boy. His favorite song is the ABC’s and his deep dimples melt our hearts every time he smiles.
Anna
Children are a gift from the Lord . . . Psalm 127:3
Anna is our spunky one year old. She’s a little monkey who climbs on everything and has the bruises to prove it. She loves reading books, laughing at her brother, and playing outside. These days she's a Mama's girl, and has the biggest, sweetest blue eyes we’ve ever seen.
Baby
...You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made . . . Psalm 139:13-14
This is baby number three. Though a bit on the small side, this little one is already a mover and a shaker! We're eagerly anticipating the arrival of our family's new addition in just a few short DAYS!
Hank
Technically our first baby, Hank likes to sleep all day and have his ears rubbed by anyone who’s willing. He’s also especially good at protecting us from dangerous things like squirrels, the mailman, and neighborhood joggers.
Our New Family Blog
Click on the link above to access our current family blog with frequent pictures and updates about our growing family.
7 comments:
Good luck!! It's sooooo much fun!
Megan - where did you get the chart? That is great - I'd like to have one for Nolan (although we are probably 6 months away for him - he is TOTALLY not interested). Good luck!
Good luck!
I defintiely care. We've started Lorelai with some minimal training, but will hit it full-steam ahead this summer. Good luck to you and good luck to us, too! The chart is adorable. Did you make it?
I hope everything comes out all right...and in the right place! :)
Good Luck! Just remember to stay patient and make a BIG deal every time he does anything. Call if you some encouragement:-)
We spent a few days in the garage in just underware playing. I kept a potty out there to use and he got the hang of it, especially when he felt the pee running down his leg!! We still use candy as rewards, but it works!
Post a Comment