Accidents:
Mickey Mouse - 0
Jack - 3
Mickey Mouse - 0
Jack - 3
I'm extremely please with Jack's progress today! The rest of this may have too many details for those of you who aren't family, so you might want to stop reading now.
Last night before he went to bed we talked about staying clean and dry and how he would get rewarded, etc. I walked him through the whole process using his Mickey Mouse as an example. He seemed to get it and went to bed. At 4:00 am Jack came into our room and wanted to get in the bed with us. I walked him back to his room and got in bed with him for a minute. When I got up to leave he told me he wanted to pee in the potty - at 4:00 am!! I tried to talk him out of it (I know, isn't that horrible?!) but he insisted. He went! He told me he would get candy and a sticker later and right now he just wanted to go back to bed!
This morning he got up, came to our room, told me to stay in my bed and he would just go by himself! He pooped in the potty and then called me in to see it. I don't think he peed that time (TMI? Probably, sorry about that!) and I didn't remind him to go again anytime soon so he had his first accident. He did have another accident late this morning after two huge cups of juice, then another late this afternoon, but again, it was my fault for not reminding him soon enough. I'm still trying to figure out how often he needs to go - especially after consuming lots of liquids. He did wake up from a 3 hour nap dry and then go on the potty, though!


Throughout the day he told me that Mickey Mouse had to go potty. Jack would sit Mickey on the potty, then we would give him a pretend skittle and pretend sticker to put on the chart. For some reason Mickey didn't have to wash his hands, but I didn't push that one! Guess that's Jack's way of rebelling when he doesn't want to wash his own hands but has to anyway!
Throughout the day he told me that Mickey Mouse had to go potty. Jack would sit Mickey on the potty, then we would give him a pretend skittle and pretend sticker to put on the chart. For some reason Mickey didn't have to wash his hands, but I didn't push that one! Guess that's Jack's way of rebelling when he doesn't want to wash his own hands but has to anyway!
Overall he's done a GREAT job! He gets so excited and of course, loves getting candy and stickers! I think today was a success and we will see what tomorrow holds . . . .
I had to buy size 4T just to fit around his waist and over those chunky thighs so there's a little extra in the middle!

2 comments:
Yay for Jack! It will get better and better each day!!! He did great his first day!!
That sounds like a pretty good start! Mickey does wear gloves so Jack probably didn't want to get them wet! :)
Post a Comment