Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jack-O-Lanterns & Monkey Business

I wasn't sure if Jack would cooperate on Halloween and actually wear his costume, so yesterday we had a little pre-Halloween photo shoot . . . just in case we have total meltdown tonight! Here's the preview:

Anna is a jack-o-lantern because it's the only costume I could find that was small enough to fit her.

I coaxed Jack into wearing his monkey costume by making him think it was a jacket that he needed to put in in order to play outside. And he will do ANYTHING if he gets to play outside!

Anna wore her costume for about five minutes before exploding into a hissy fit!

Have you ever seen a monkey hanging out of the back of a car like this?

This is the back view (that's a banana in his pocket).

This is a brief moment of complacency after I took her hood off (she kept trying to eat it), before the screaming began again!

Since we didn't get to go to the pumpkin patch again this year (it rained the day we planned to go), this is the best I could do.


At this point Anna was in her swing inside and started to cry, so Jack is standing at the door asking to "please" go inside and check on her. That pretty much ended our photo shoot!

We'll share any pictures we get tonight, but this might be as good as it gets, folks!

2 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

That is the cutest monkey & pumpkin I have ever seen.They remind me of another child who never wanted to dress up until they were older . Kiss that monkey & pumpkin for me .
love ya, granny

Meredith said...

How very, very sweet. What darling kids!