Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Day of "School"

It's been a little crazy here lately and I have a lot to catch up on, but for now I will start with the most recent event. Today Jack started going to a Mother's Day Out program once a week at a local church. We talked all about how he was going to "school" today and how he was going to play with new friends and eat lunch there, etc. He was a little timid at first but after a few minutes of watching the other kids from a distance he finally joined them at the table for snack. He seemed to be doing fine so I gave him a kiss and told him to have fun. Do you know what he did . . . . ? He said "bye!" Not even the least little protest that I was leaving him to fend for himself with complete strangers. I was a little surprised but very pleased with his reaction. When I picked him up everyone said he had a great day - and he didn't hit or bite a single child - yay!

Before leaving the house for his first day of school.

Maybe they will teach him how to carry a backpack properly!

Oh look - they did show him how to do it! This was walking out to the car after his first successful day.

This is just about the cutest picture I've seen in a long time (says the completely unbiased mom)!

7 comments:

The Dales said...

He is so cute! I can't believe mine will be that big one day...soon!

Jackie said...

Oh how precious, that brought tears to my eyes. They grow so quickly. Like me, I know your mom can remember when that was our precious children going to their first day of school. Hug him for me. Jackie M

Huli said...

from an unbiased "aunt" - he is extremely precious. i love the picture (almost as much as the one of him eating the cookie)!
love yall. hope you are all doing well.

Jackie Mc said...

Ditto on that being just the cutest picture. Jack, you are growing up to fast.SLOW DOWN!!!!

love ya , granny

Kelly said...

That is the cutest picture! He looks so grown up!

Anonymous said...

very, very, VERY cute!

Lottie said...

Precious!! I feel old saying this but time flies so fast!! I love the picts!!