Monday, February 25, 2008

2 hours, 15 minutes

That's how long we were at the doctor's office this morning.

Here are a few more facts for you:

~ We waited for 1 hour and 40 minutes before being called back to an exam room.
~ We waited all of that time in the lobby because you can't take a sick child in the "well" waiting room and you can't take a well child in the "sick" waiting room.
~ The lobby had a water fountain that my child could reach, so I spent an hour and forty minutes trying to keep him out of it.
~ The giant fish tank that was oh so appealing could only be looked at through the window, and really, we all know that wasn't good enough!
~ My ipod battery died about 40 seconds after I turned it on for a certain someone's entertainment and guess who just didn't understand why it wouldn't work!
~ There are six lights in the ceiling, three decorative trees, five pictures on the walls, and two paper mache' starfish in the lobby. Do you really want to know how many times we counted them?
~ EVERYTHING we had with us today touched the germy floor of the lobby, including diapers, bibs, toys, the entire contents of my wallet, oh yes, and my son's TONGUE!
~ Anna's ears are all better but she really didn't enjoy getting four vaccinations today. What she likes even less than that is when you accidentally tug part of the band-aid off while putting her pants back on. It makes her scream so long that her head turns red and you think she just might pass out from a lack of oxygen.
~ Jack has another ear infection.
~ Did I mention that our new insurance policy considers his ear infections a pre-existing condition and covers 0% if that's the diagnosis? That means we paid $43 for antibiotics and who-knows-how-much for the lovely 2 hours and 15 minutes of bliss we experienced this morning!

I have no pictures for you. Do you really think I was in the state of mind to digitally record this experience?!

5 comments:

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

Megan-I have to say...I feel your pain. I've been there, done that! I could just see myself in your shoes sitting in the waiting room-only wish I could have been there to offer a helping hand-ok, and to laugh a little too! Sometimes that's all you can do is laugh-although I'm sure that's not what you were doing at the moment! Life with two under the age of two can be challenging, can't it? You're doing a great job! Glad to know we're not alone in this "minivan stage of life!"

Kevin and Lisa said...

You and Dana are so crazy! I was just about to say I know what you're going through when I saw that she has already said it! And same thing on her blog about the minivan! Wish we could be more support to each other, but the moral support of knowing loved ones are going through similar situations is great (although I wish you didn't have to)!

Varner Party of 3 said...

God bless you, child. The wonderful parts of being a mom! My day is coming...I feel it.

Kelly said...

Oh the joy! I'm feeling your pain too. At least you lived to tell it!

Corrie said...

sounds like you definitely went through it at the doctor! I hope everyone is feeling better, and that you had a good birthday on Sunday!