Monday, February 4, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel . . . .

I think we can finally see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel of sickness. I haven't blogged in over a week because our family has been SICK, SICK, SICK! To make a long story short, both kids had runny noses, coughs, etc. for a couple days, so we took them to the doctor on Thursday. Jack has a double ear infection and was a huge grouch for several days. One night he would not stop crying and after 2 1/2 hours, books, juice, and a video, he finally fell asleep in our bed at 10:30. Anna has an upper respiratory infection and is absolutely pitiful. For several days she wanted to be held constantly and all she would do was cry and sleep. She was up several times during the night (she usually sleeps 12 hours) and even lost her voice! When she was awake and not crying, she just moaned in her raspy little voice and it really was the saddest sound you've ever heard! The past two nights, however, I have not had to rock her to sleep and she's enjoying her swing, bouncy, etc (things that are NOT my arms). So, I THINK we're on the mend. Except that I'm sick (and have been for a few days now) and Marshall is starting to feel bad, too!

Here are just a few random pictures taken recently. There aren't many, because it's extremely difficult to take pictures with a crying baby in your arms!

This one is before all the sickness began. Anna's having fun in her exersaucer.

Seriously, couldn't you just take a bite out of those chunky thighs?!

This was taken Saturday night, both kids are starting to feel a little better. Jack was loving on his sick sister!

It's a staring contest. Who do you think will win?

My sick girl, finally letting someone else hold her instead of me.

Jack had to have all THREE of his yellow blankets while playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mum I would rather have was is between her thighs , youngest I licked was 3 days old