Friday, June 20, 2008

She's Growing Up

Three new things to note about our girl:

1. I put her on her tummy on the floor this week and before I could blink she was sitting up. That's right, she sat up all by herself! She also gets on her hands and knees and rocks and scoots backwards. Yep, backwards . . . . she gets so mad when she moves away from whatever she's after!

2. She's all over her crib lately. She still prefers to sleep on her back, but once she wakes up she flips over to her tummy to play. When I walked into her room after a nap yesterday, I could see her head from her nose up, peeking over the side of the crib at me because she was on her hands and knees! So she still hasn't officially pulled up, but I think we need to go ahead and move the crib down, just in case she surprises us by standing up one night after we put her to bed like her brother did.

3. She officially has two more new teeth, with two more coming very soon. The funny thing is, her new teeth are not the top middle ones, like normal babies get next. She has the top middle left and the one next to it, so she looks a little lopsided when she smiles, but it still melts my heart every time!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorelai's teeth came in the same way! Perhaps it's next generational thing.

Cheri said...

Megan,
Once again, your children are precious!!! I am enjoying Davis , Wyatt and Noah so much. I know Jackie is having a ball too!!! Miss you

Lydia said...

I love it! That's too cute. We moved Emma Kate's crib down last week. In less than a week she's pulling up on everything! I feel like EK has changed so much over the last month. But aren't they fun at this age?

Lydia said...

Okay Megan- I thought EK was getting ready to cut her other top tooth-she has the top right. I looked this morning and now she's cut the tooth to it's right. :)

natalie said...

Emma's teeth came in that way too. We called her a redneck baby because it looked like she was missing a middle tooth.

Hillary Brock said...

She is just too cute! I'm sure you laugh every day!