It's been a busy few days to say the least. Last Wed, I picked Jack up from school and we met Marshall's Uncle, Aunt, and cousins for lunch. Randy, Cindy, Will, & Abby were passing through town and stopped by to visit briefly. I forgot to take pictures, though. After lunch the kids and I hit the road and headed for the Upstate. After dinner with family, Allison and Sydney came over so Sydney could show us a picture of her new baby sister! Sydney and Jack had the best time playing together.
Here's Sydney reading a book to Jack while he took a bath.
We had such a good time catching up and Lottie and Huli surprised us all with an ice cream cake from PW's - only our favorite place to get ice cream in Rock Thrill and a special graduation memory!
Friday morning we dropped off the kids with Pop and Grammy and had time to visit Carly and her new baby, Davis. He is so precious - and tiny!
Friday afternoon we got in the car and headed to Raleigh for my cousin Lia's wedding. The trip took much longer than necessary as we got lost, despite having two sets of directions to follow! That evening we had a nice dinner with the two families.
Lia and her new family, Mike and Gage.
On Saturday we had the wedding and then another long ride home (we only had to make a couple U-turns on the return trip)!
Posing with Granddaddy
First dance.
On Sunday I slept in, picked up my daughter (Jack's staying with the grandparents this week), and headed back home so that I could help my husband do this . . . .
Pop and Mason are coming to help Marshall install hardwood floors in our living room this weekend so we're getting everything ready. I will post more on the progress of that later, but this is what the room looks like today.
Whew ~ what a whirlwind of events! It was fun seeing lots of friends and family and sharing in some special times so all in all, it was worth it!

2 comments:
wow! What a week! Great seeing winthrop girls together! I'm impressed by your busy schedule and your sweet sweet kids, but I think I'm more impressed by Marshall's handyman skills! Can he come work on my house?!
Y'all were on a whirlwind trip. Anna's almost as big as little Sydney! :) It was good to talk with you yesterday!
Post a Comment