Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Party

The Invitation


So, we had a book party at our house yesterday (I stole the book idea from my awesome friend Katie). We pretty much just invited the kids' friends from the MOMS Club here in town. It was technically Anna's nap time during the party, so you will see her with the paci in her mouth in most of the pictures, but I know that Jack definitely enjoyed himself (he was a wild man all day)! Enjoy the many pictures!


Checking to make sure her shoes match her outfit before the guests arrive.


Checking out the balloons with Pop.

The Thinker - hmm . . . .

It looks like Jack's picking his nose here. He's not, his finger is actually on the outside of his nose. That's not to say that he doesn't pick his nose - I'm just saying he's not picking it in this particular picture!

Granny & Grandy getting down and dirty with the kids.

Anna is getting a ride in the wagon with her friends. This was one of the main attractions all day. Thanks, Pop!



I think Mason's antagonizing Hank here!


Grammy and her girl.

"Happy birthday to you . . ."

Notice who's NOT clapping at the end of the birthday song.

Helping the kids decorate their own cupcakes with sprinkles.
Enjoying his cupcake (he chose pink sprinkles, by the way).


Already checking out a new book.

This is what Mason and Pop did during the present opening.

It was a great party and I think all of the kids had a great time. After a short nap, it was time for Anna to party some more. Beverly & Jim came down to join us for a birthday lunch after the party. There were more gifts, and this time Anna got to taste her cake!



Anna loved the plush Halloween toys from Beverly and Jim, which went with the great Halloween books they gave her. They also went a little crazy and brought us more of those silly dancing chickens (it's a good thing my kids really love them)!




She loves her baby doll! Her Mama & Daddy also love the sweet poem Granny wrote, but she will have to be a little older to appreciate it.

Pop & Grammy gave Anna a special quilt that was made by her Nan (Marshall's grandmother) many years ago.

Enough with the gifts - it's time for cake!
Yes we did take her shirt off, and I know that's a little redneck, but at least we covered her with a bib, which is more than we did for Jack. And yes, she burned her finger on the flame with her awesome, ever watchful mother standing right there next to her. As you can see in the next few pictures, cake heals all wounds!

She was so dainty and delicate with it at first.


She had such a captive audience.

I'm pretty sure he's plotting his move here.


Going at it with both hands now (and speaking of hands, take notice of the two small ones on her tray - they were never far away).




And here's an aerial view of him going in!

Afterwards we cleaned her up, she shed the bib, and finished up the bottom part of her cake; while Granny and Grammy tried to grab a picture.

This is the cake we got to eat!

Hanging out with Uncle Jim.
Aunt Huli had the longest drive in order to celebrate Anna's 1st birthday with her!

Pressed up against the front door waving bye-bye to her guests.

Swinging with Pop & Grammy after a long day.

Getting one last ride from Pop in the wagon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fabulus pictures, as always! I adore both of Anna's cakes, especially the personal one. Where did you get them? The book party is a wonderful idea. I may have to borrow it myself one day.

Kelly said...

LOVE the book idea!! That is so neat!
I can't believe Anna is one already! Times flies!
Oh, did I ever tell you that Caroline named one of her dolls Anna right after your Anna was born and I showed her your blog? LOVE the name! :-)

The Atkinsons said...

Happy Birthday Anna! I miss you Megan!
Love,
Reynolds