Saturday, August 25, 2007

And Speaking of New Rooms . . .

Pop, Grammy, and Linda Hines came to visit today to bring the bedding and curtains for Anna's nursery! Grammy and Linda made all of Jack's nursery bedding and it was PERFECT for him. They were so sweet to offer to do it all over again for our little girl. So after we took a trip to choose all the fabrics they worked hard getting everything ready. They made the journey down to Aiken just to put everything in her room so I could finally see the finished product and I LOVE IT!!


I just love the patchwork pattern. And of course the fact that this was made especially for our daughter by two special ladies.

Linda and Grammy showing off the name of the quilt - Strawberries & Cream.

Here's a close-up. If you look really hard you will see that this is the same pattern they used for Jack's bedding.
Looks completely different! (This is a flashback picture from a shower about six weeks before I had Jack.)
This is a close up of the back side of the quilt and bumper pads.
And here are the curtains. Marshall was just excited that he didn't have to hang another curtain rod since we've been doing a lot of that around here lately!So a big THANK YOU goes out to Linda and Grammy for putting so much of their time and efforts into making such special bedding for Anna's nursery.


The rest of the day was spent just hanging out. Here's Pop playing with Jack through the glass door.

The only work Pop had to do this visit was grill the steaks (and I think he had a hand in hanging the curtains in the nursery, but that request didn't come from us so it doesn't count)!

Grammy playing with Jack and trying to get this little wiggle worm back into his shorts after a diaper change. (This was at my request so we didn't have more pictures of him running around pants-less!)

Huh?

Pitching a fit about something - he's really getting entirely too good at this these days!

Hanging out with Mama, in some sort of sleepy daze.

Enthralled with Veggie Tales.

Crawling all over Pop just to get the remotes.

I'm not really sure if this is a good sign . . . my boy loves his remote controls! (And we don't even watch that much TV in our house! I keep telling myself that he just likes to push buttons because he's also obsessed with the phone, computer, etc.)

Giggle time with Linda.

Waving "bye" while posing with Pop and Grammy before they left.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg!!!!!!!!!!!
I love reading your blog...Jack is so entertaining... and I do love the bedding. How sweet of them to make all of that for you! Of course who wouldn't...you are so sweet yourself!! I miss you! Cheri

Kelly said...

The bedding is so pretty! That is really special to have things hand made with love for both of your babies! My mom made Eli's blacket and I will always cherish it.

Kelly said...

I mean, blanket. :-)

Corrie said...

I love Anna's room! The quilt (and Jack's too) it so pretty! Really cool that they are the same pattern.

Meredith said...

How gorgeous.... so nice to have something special and unique for your kids!

Lottie said...

Love it! I seriously cant wait to meet Anna!

Marie K said...

Seems like yesterday we watched June and Ray give Marshall "handmade presents" for his room! How wonderful to see the tradition being carried on! How excited we are awaiting the arrival of Anna:} We love all the pictures and comments you post, it makes us feel we are there with you! Our best to all, Marie and Andy Karas

jessica said...

I love her bedding and curtains!!! What a cute room she is going to have. I can't wait to see you and your fam again and meet Anna! Jack is growing so fast! Where is his red hair?! It looks almost blonde in some pictures...I hope to see you guys soon!