Friday, August 24, 2007

Jack's New Room

Even though Jack moved out of the crib and into his new bed, his room wasn't quite ready yet. We had furniture (thanks to Beverly & Jim and also Granddaddy) that needed to be painted before he could use it. We've also held off on hanging pictures on his wall since we moved, in anticipation of getting him out of the crib and rearranging things. So we finally have it in order. Well, it doesn't stay in order very long, but we try to at least pick up every night before bedtime. So here are some pictures of Jack's new room especially for Granny since she's dying to see what it looks like!






And in other news, our camera finally broke for good (at least we think). It's been on the blitz for a while but it always seems to heal itself. Since a miraculous recovery is not looking feasible, we decided to go ahead and invest in a new camera. We got one last night, and again, since Granny is dying to see updated pictures of her grandson, I snapped a few this morning just for her.

Mr. Independent wants to do everything himself these days.

Taking a huge bite out of one of his favorite foods. Yeah, I know the banana has brown spots all over it but they go bad so quickly! Anyone with tips on making them last longer, I'm all ears because we have to have one of these every morning and they just don't last the whole week (and I refuse to go to the grocery store more than that)!

Jack sat down in front of the TV this morning (actually he fell, but that's another story) and discovered his reflection in the glass.
He had the best time playing peek-a-boo with himself and it was so cute to watch!
Here he's laughing hysterically at his reflection, the game he was playing, or something else - who knows!
And yes, I know my child looks a little redneck with no pants on, but I changed his diaper and it just wasn't worth it to put pants back on him! We went swimming this morning and since I had to be in the water with him we have no pictures of it, but he had a great time. It was back home for lunch and a nap so these are all the pictures we have for now. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lottie said...

The room looks great!! Jack is seriously cracking himself up with his reflection! So cute!!

Corrie said...

Jack's room looks good! Love it! He laughing (at himself) hysterically is funny.