Sunday, March 22, 2009

Potty Progress

Friday marked 3 weeks of official potty training for us. For those interested (aka family), here are the latest updates:

~ Jack continues to wake up dry from nighttime/naps (with the exception of one time).
~ He still hasn't had an accident out in public.
~ He had several days of zero accidents (though not consecutively) during the first 3 weeks.
~ I finally figured out that the "accidents" at home were happening because he didn't want to stop playing or watching a video to go to the potty.
~ I officially threatened to take away his favorite Thomas video if he peed or pooped in his underwear.
~ The first day I did that he did great! The next day I had to take it away. Since then he's been dry and clean the past 4 days in a row!
~ He has a new goal to keep his underwear dry and clean for a whole week and then he gets to wear Thomas underwear. He's pretty psyched about that!
~ Once I threatened to take away the Thomas video, he has finally started telling me when he needs to go.
~ He's decided that he must have something to read when he needs to "sit a while."


That's it in a nutshell. We're pretty proud of him!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Great job. Oh the Thomas brochures... Madison loved to look at those. Ah, I miss Thomas! Have you taken the children to A Day Out with Thomas? If not, it's a lot of fun!

Corrie said...

YAY Jack! Amazing what he'll do for some Thomas! :)