Monday, March 2, 2009

The Big 3-0

Today is my birthday. I'm 30. I'm pretty ok with that since most days I don't really feel old enough to be 30. Though when I look back, it's been a busy 30 years.


Thirty years ago today I learned about the importance of family.

I quickly learned how great a good nap can be, and I still appreciate that to this day.

I was soon introduced to one of the most wonderful things on earth - dessert!

I learned to appreciate a good book, especially if you're going to be sitting for a long time.

I learned to accessorize.

Somewhere along the way, I learned how to drive.

I also discovered that when you choose the right shade of lipstick, no other makeup is necessary.

I practiced my mothering skills, which definitely came in handy later in life, though I still struggle with improving those skills daily.

Lots of other things happened, but since I'm taking most of these pictures from the slideshow my in-laws made for our Rehearsal Dinner, we will just skip ahead to the really exciting part!

Eventually, I met a boy.
And if you think we have the same hair cut in this picture . . . .

check out THIS picture!

I graduated.

Furthered my education and graduated again.

Got engaged.

Bought our first house and then spent a year fixing it up.

Oh, I graduated again.

Got married.

Expanded our family for the first time.
Expanded again and had a baby, our firstborn son.
Seventeen short months later, had another baby, our sweet daughter.
And almost exactly seventeen months after that, here we are today.
It's gotten a lot harder to get a picture where everyone sits still and it doesn't come out blurry - but that's just how we roll these days!

Thanks to wonderful family and amazing friends, it's been a fulfilling 30 years and I'm excited to see what happens next!

17 comments:

Corrie said...

Happy Birthday Megan! :)

Carly said...

Are you trying to make people cry or what!? :) This is a great post. Love ya, Meg! Can't believe we're this old! I still feel 15 most days...

The Parsons said...

Wonderful post! I hope the next 30 years are filled with wonderful memories too. Love ya! Happy Birthday!

Johanna said...

Such a cute post! Loved all the pictures!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

What an awesome post! Congrats on joining me in the 30's club! It's not all that bad, plus we have little ones to keep us young! Hope your day is special! Oh, and by the way-can NOT get over Marshall's hair!!! Hilarious!

jessica said...

Megan!!
I forgot Marshalls hair used to be that long! What a great post. Welcome to 30!! Happy Birthday!!

Cheri said...

Megan,
LOved this!!! All of the pictures of you are precious... and I absolutely love the pic of your mom and dad!!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! Great post and I loved the pic of your mom and dad!

Lauren said...

Seriously, girl, you have NOT CHANGED A BIT! So funny! Hope you had a great day! See you soon.

Kelly Perry said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I loved the stroll down memory lane. So much happens in 30 years, huh?

Lottie said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! Love the post and pictures!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!! This was such a great post! I KNOW your mom is crying! :-)

natalie said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I have a lipstick picture just like yours!

Hillary Brock said...

That is such a cute post! Happy Birthday Megan!

Meredith said...

Sorry I'm late, Megan. Loved all the pictures, and happy late birthday!
By the way, I know everyone says Jack looks like Marshall, but I think these pics prove he's a mixture of you both! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories! That was a nice trip down memeory lane for all of us. I really liked that first one.
Congrats on a life well lived.
Happy Birthday and love to you...
susan high

Alli said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Cute pics!!