Monday, December 10, 2007

Girls Weekend - Ahh . . . good times!

This past weekend the Winthrop Girls got together to celebrate Christmas and catch up on each other's lives. We had a wonderful time hanging out (without kids) and even took a walk down memory lane. I know that statement makes me sound old and to tell you the truth, I FELT old walking around the Winthrop campus! Lots of things have changed since we were there but everything still brings back such fun memories.

Here we are at Lottie's house: Huli, Jessi, Lottie, myself, Allison, and Carrie. This was the first time in a long time we've gotten together "just because" - every other time has been for a wedding or shower.
The last time we were together was in May for Chris and Lottie's wedding.

And just before that in April for her shower.
The time before that was a whole year earlier in March 2006 for my baby shower.

Carrie had to leave early to attend another Christmas party, and after she left we decided to walk around the Winthrop campus. We pretty much did what we do best - laughed hysterically and posed for lots of pictures!!

This is on the porch of Bancroft.

This is the sign that we walked right past and into Margaret Nance (our first dorm) . . .

. . . and went right up to the third floor to pose by our old dorm room doors. Allison and I have two years of fun memories here! I have several more pictures like this taken our first two years at Winthrop and if I had a scanner I would post them here. Since I don't you 're going to have to use your imagination, but I can assure you we have changed quite a bit in the last TEN years since we first took a picture by room 351!
Playing in the Margaret Nance stairwell.

Posing by the big Christmas tree in front of Tillman.

We would NEVER break tradition of having our picture made on the Winthrop sign. This isn't the original sign, but it's much more comfortable to the tush then the individual letters were!

Ok, so I'm editing this post to add a picture that I "stole" from Lottie's blog. This is us on the original Winthrop sign . . . see how uncomfortable it is to sit on?!
After leaving campus, we went back to Lottie's and roasted hot dogs and made s'mores in her fire pit. We had so much fun and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning (3:00!!!!) talking and laughing.

It's back to reality now, but good times were had by all throughout the weekend! Jack is in the Upstate this week, so Anna and I have been having girl time. I will post more on all of that later.

2 comments:

Charlotte Evans said...

SO proud of all of you Winthrop Women! Keep your ties close and never lose the wonderful friendships you have for each other. Merry Christmas and God bless you all and your families.

Corrie said...

awww looks like you guys had so much fun back at WU! I love the picture on the old sign...I miss that sign. I never got a picture on it - we were going to do it and then it was suddenly gone. Parts of my group has gotten together here and there, but I don't think we've all been together since 2004...just because. When will you be up here for Christmas? I would love to see you!