And unlike last time, this time it took more than juice to make everything all better - thank goodness for super glue!
The short version of this story is that we were in Anna's room and I was changing her clothes because she had spit up all over everything. I had her stripped down to her diaper and socks when I heard Jack fall behind me and then proceed to scream horrendously! I told him to shake it off and then turned to look at him and saw that his whole head was covered in blood (he hit his head on the corner of Anna's stool). I took him to the bathroom to try to calm him down and clean him up but blood was going everywhere and no one was calming down. Anna was crying on the changing table (where I had left her practically naked), Jack was in the bathtub (fully clothed) at this point still crying, and I'm starting to cry because we've soaked through two towels and he won't stop bleeding! Eventually he calmed down enough for me to get his clothes off and fill up the tub with water, so I finally made it back to Anna (who thankfully did not choose this moment to roll over for the first time) and I put her safely in her crib (still crying and practically naked). Then I went to get ice and the doctor's phone number because the cut looked deep and I really wasn't sure what to do. Yes, I realize I broke many mom rules (i.e. don't leave your baby on a changing table alone, don't leave your toddler in a bathtub full of water, just to name a couple), but sometimes you just do what you have to do!
Jack didn't seem bothered by the gash in his head once I brought him ice and even though he wouldn't let me hold it on his head, he had a good time watching it melt in the bathtub! Thankfully, the doctor told us to come on in and once I got Anna dressed, she slept through everything else. Jack was his usual happy self and even said "thank you" when I put a band-aid on his head because it was STILL bleeding. No stitches were necessary but the doctor "super glued" Jack's head back together. Really, I don't know what it was, but that's basically what he did. All of this chaos erupted after we spent all morning in the kitchen baking cookies for a Christmas party we had today. Thankfully, I had enough sense to move the cookies off the counter and into a safe place before we left or Hank would have been on a sugar high all afternoon and I wouldn't have had any cookies for the party! We treated ourselves to Chick-fil-A for lunch and then I let Jack play outside forever once we got home. Jack really is fine and the pictures show the teeny, tiny, cut that caused all of the chaos .

No comments:
Post a Comment