Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"Jack fell down and broke his crown . . ."

Well, he didn't really break anything but he has a pretty nice shiner! On Saturday he was playing outside while I swept the millions of leaves off our porch. The next thing I know Jack's screaming and I see his face smooshed into the concrete sidewalk while his legs are tangled in the porch steps. I brought him inside, cleaned him up, gave him some juice (that cures anything in our house!), and we went back outside to finish playing. I noticed he was walking kinda funny and when I examined his feet, I think I discovered the cause of his fall . . . his shoes were on the wrong feet! And since we all know my 19 month old son can't put his own shoes on, I'm going to have to take the blame for this one. I never have been very good with "left" and "right!" Here are some pictures of his face about an hour after he fell. He has a big scratch and bump right at his hairline and then under his eye.



This is what he looks like today, three days later.

5 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

It is a good thing Jack is coming to see his grandparents b/c WE KNOW how to care for him. Hurry Jack !
love, granny

Meredith said...

That sounds like another grandmother I know! :)
So sorry you fell down, Jack!

Jackie said...

Hee Hee Hee, we grandmothers stick together. Jackie
P.S. Glad he is ok. Just one of many boo boos.

Anonymous said...

God continues to bless and we are so proud of the kids and so thankful to God, we Praise Him and thank him for each day.

Megan, you do such a good job keepig us up to date on everthing, thank you, You and Marshall are very special to us......thank you, we'll get back down someday soon......

Papa & Gail

Anonymous said...

Awww...poor Jack, but as many have commented(and you already knew) this will be one of many bumps!!! I just love reading your blog, Megan... it brightens my day...Have you seen Wyatt?..on the Adams' blog