Sunday, July 6, 2008

Milestone Weekend

We had a great weekend full of milestones for both kids! First of all, this is the weekend that Jack finally mastered something we've been dreaming of since he was just a sparkle in our eyes . . . He can let the dog out all by himself! That's right, he can open the door when Hank needs to go out AND he even lets him back in. On top of all that, he goes to get him a treat and makes him sit before giving it to him. Let me tell you, this really is the best thing he's learned to do in his short two years here with us. All of that walking, talking, eating with a spoon stuff is just child's play compared to this new skill! Here are a couple pictures and a video taken today.






The second big milestone of the weekend was that Anna learned to crawl! She was just trying it out on Friday and by today she's great at it! She still thinks about it a while before she gets going, but she can definitely do it and will if there's something that she really wants. This is the best video I could get, she's really much better than this shows, but I thought the grandparents would want to see her new skill.



This is a video I tried to get of her crawling, but she just played with Hank's ear, fell over and then sighed like that was just as much as she could take for the day! It was just too cute, so I had to include it.


Oh, and technically we had another milestone reached this weekend. I decided I was going to put her to bed at nap time and only go back in there if she was crying a hurt cry. That's what I did. I heard her play for a while and then she fussed a little and then it got quiet. When I went in to check on her she was asleep like this. She obviously fell asleep sitting up playing and this was the result - notice her toes poking through the blanket. She loves doing this with her fingers too, and it's how both of them go to sleep every night.

4 comments:

The Dales said...

Aw, she is growing up. When Perrin started laying down and falling alseep by himself it was GREAT but I had also lost part of my baby....no more rocking. Both of your children are precious!!!!

Haley said...

The video of Jack is just too funny!

Mandy said...

Your kids are just too sweet. I've recently started reading your blog, I saw it on Carlys. It's great.

Lydia said...

What a patient dog- he just waits when Jack takes his time. Too cute that he knows how to do all that.
Anna is adorable. I love the picture of her sleeping.