This past weekend we met my parents in Columbia to pick up Hank, who has been splitting custody between Grandy/Granny and Pop/Grammy for the past two weeks. (Thank you all
so much for that!) Well, we decided that we would visit the zoo while we were there, so we packed a picnic lunch and headed out bright and early Saturday morning. Jack had only been to Riverbanks
one other time, so I was hoping he would participate a little more this time since he's older. Despite the heat, we had a really good time. My camera battery died, so we didn't get a ton of pictures, but probably more than the average person wants to see of the back of Jack's head!
Pointing at the bears - the first animals of the day.


Checking out the elephants for Granddaddy.


Pointing at "Grammy's" flamingos.


The wildest thing that happened while we were there was that we ran into an old high school friend,
Alicia. She was there with her hubby and cutie little boy, Ethan. Here I am with Alicia - too bad you can't see Anna's face.

Ethan climbed up into the stroller with Jack and tried to make a new friend, but Jack was a bit hesitant.


Checking out the tiger.

Hmm . . . he's actually tamer than Hank!

Waving bye-bye to the monkeys.

Daddy helping Jack see the sea lions over the crowds.

While Jack checked out the giraffes from a distance . . . .

. . . . we noticed that we lost one!

Up close and personal with the giraffes.

VERY close and personal! Jack LOVED feeding the giraffes.




The fish were still one if his favorites of the day.


You can't really see it in this picture, but Jack chose this Koala hat as a souvenir and has loved wearing it ever since!
2 comments:
fun stuff! we haven't made it to the zoo yet, but we want to go soon. we will have to get alicia and ethan to meet us there!
your kids are so cute! i wish i could special order a little boy just like jack. could i maybe just have him?
First of all, I loved your beach pictures!! You are a brave Momma to take 2 sets of posed pictures with your kids. I would have had to give up with mine! We go to the beach next week and I'm debating on attempting pictures like that too. I think it's all southern Mommy's dreams to have beautiful sand dunes pics. :-)
I love the zoo too! Glad yall had a great time, and how cool is it that you saw Alicia! :-) I didn't know she had a blog! I love it that everyone is blogging and we can all catch up!
Post a Comment