Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nine Months

Today is the day my baby is 9 months old - wow! She's really starting to become more mobile over the past couple weeks. She's so close to crawling but really just scoots to get whatever she wants. I'm really starting to see her personality come out (i.e. drama) when Jack takes a toy she's playing with. She has six teeth (top four and bottom two) and still drools like crazy. The latest thing that we're dealing with is that she would rather play than sleep during her morning nap time. Now when I put her down, she flips over to her tummy, sits up and plays until she's tired and then cries out for me to "rescue" her and lie her back down. We do this several times until she finally falls asleep. (I miss my baby who would go right to sleep every time I put her down!) She also scoots around in her crib and gets her chunky thighs stuck between the crib bars, and again, more "drama" until I rescue her from that. I think she can wave bye-bye (she doesn't do it every time I ask, but I'm going to go ahead and give her credit for it!) and she loves to laugh, mostly at the dog and her brother. She can pull up to her knees and loves to feed herself (even though a lot of it still hits the floor). Her Daddy always makes her smile and she really is the happiest baby I know!

Here she is "napping!"

1 comment:

Amber said...

I wish I could give you a suggestion about the naps but like every thing else it'll probably works itself out. She is always smiling so you guys must be doing something right!