As some of you know, Jack has been in speech therapy for the last 2 1/2 months or so. He has a slight expressive language delay and some articulation issues that his therapist has been targeting for the last two months. One of the things he's been working on in speech is the initial /h/ sound. He generally just leaves it off when saying a word, so house becomes ouse, hot is ot, etc. He's suddenly doing a great job with the /h/ sound and is using it pretty consistently. The only problem is that he's starting to over compensate and so words that generally begin with vowels are now starting with /h/. So, all morning long Anna has been Hannah . . . . ahh, I guess we will get it one of these days!
Another funny thing he started doing is adding "be" to the end of a 'where' question. So instead of asking "Where Hank?" he says oh so seriously, "Where Hank be?" It's absolutely hilarious!
You would think that the child of a speech pathologist would speak better than this!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So cute!
I LOVE your new layout.
First of all - I LOVE the picture of you all at the beach in your white and khaki!
I'm glad Jack is doing well in speech! I have several kids who put an /h/ in front of vowels. SO hard to get rid of, but 2/3 of them and I have finally conquered it.
Post a Comment