I haven't taken many pictures lately, which explains my recent lack of blogging. As for the new roommate situation, they've settled into a nice little routine. Bedtime is great these days. They read books and talk for 10-20 minutes and then Jack turns out the lamp and they go to sleep! Nap time is a different story. I let them try to stay in the same room but Anna loves to play before she sleeps and that makes Jack play, so then they don't sleep - which means Mama doesn't get to rest! So, Anna sleeps in their room (sometimes in her bed, sometimes on the floor, and twice in her brother's bed) and Jack usually sleeps in his sleeping bag on the floor in Anna's old room. Eventually I will have to tackle that, but for now, this is working. He thinks sleeping on the floor is the coolest thing ever.
Tried to take some pics this morning after church. Don't you just love the stickers and the food on her face (just finished a snack)!
Everybody enjoyed a little light reading today after church. Anna is definitely in the copycat stage. Whatever Jack does, she has to do!
In potty news, Jack is really doing great! He's no longer getting rewards for going to the potty and doesn't really seem to miss them. I still have to stay on him about going and he's had a few accidents lately because I knew I should have made him go, but didn't, and then he ends up with wet Thomas underwear! It's a learning process for all involved, though, so I think we're all doing great!
Tonight Anna went to the (closed) bathroom door and kept saying something that sounded like "potty." I opened the door and she put the stool in front of the potty and put the potty seat on the toilet and climbed up there. I took her diaper off and she was so excited just to sit. She LOVES washing her hands these days and I'm pretty sure she was just trying to get some candy! It was too cute not to record, though.
That's all, folks!

1 comment:
Love the big "show every tooth you have" smile from Jack. Too funny!
Post a Comment