Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Pictures

We've been pretty busy lately - but in a good kind of way. Last Thursday, the kids and I headed to the Upstate. They got to visit with the grandparents while I enjoyed a WONDERFUL girls weekend with my Winthrop peeps! Before we headed out of town, I got to hang out with Carly and Davis at the park and had a great time catching up with friends. We got to visit with lots of family before heading back home Monday afternoon. Now I'm just trying to recover from my relaxing weekend - I'm exhausted!!!! I didn't take many pictures, so here's a very random assortment in absolutely no order.

My aunt, Beverly, brought this dress over for Anna to wear for a few pictures. My Memama made the dress for my cousin Lia many years ago. It's made from my Aunt's bridesmaids dress she wore in her brother's wedding and the lace is from my grandmother's wedding dress.

She was too busy playing to take any decent pictures, though.

Granddaddy and Jack having a discussion about trains.

These pictures are from round two at the park, Monday morning.





Enjoying popsicles in Grandy & Granny's garage.

The only pictures I took of our Girls Weekend! We stayed in the mountains, played games, talked, laughed (a lot), ate yummy food, and slept in - it couldn't have been a better weekend with some of my favorite people!



On a side note, I know that my belly is out of control! TWO people asked me today how much longer I had to go - not when I was due - there's a very distinct difference in those two questions! One just indicates that you're pregnant, while the other one insinuates that you are huge and your baby really should have been born weeks ago gaging by the size of your bulge! When I told them "officially" 4 1/2 weeks I got shocked looks. We are hoping to be induced sooner than that though. Guess that means we really need to get the crib out of the attic soon . . . .

2 comments:

Meredith said...

1. Where is that beautiful park.
2. I don't think your belly is out of control at all!
I had a lesson in humility on Sunday. Everyone has been telling me how fantastic I look to be in my 7th month, but apparently at least one person doesn't think so! We joined our church on Sunday, and one of the ladies who greeted us afterwards said, "I can't BELIEVE you still have to go until July!" Gulp. I just swallowed some pride!

Megan said...

It's the new Duncan Park (near the old Duncan Cafeteria & where they are building the new water park). It's GREAT!!!

You definitely end up swallowing a lot of pride with other people's pregnancy comments! Too funny, though!