We had another ultrasound today just to check the baby's growth (it's been measuring small ever since 20 weeks). Baby looks good. Still small, but healthy. Baby is growing at a consistent rate, it's just a slower rate than "normal." Baby is 24th percentile - 90th is big, 50th is average, 10th and below is cause for concern. The doctor said I will probably just have a small baby (she guessed 6 1/2 lbs or so). I've had a big baby, and an average baby, so I guess it's only fair this one is small. Today the baby measured in at about 4 lbs. I do have another ultrasound scheduled May 8th to check again on the growth rate. I'm not worried, but we will continue to pray for a healthy baby - no matter what size he/she is at birth! Though, if you could see my expanding belly, you absolutely would not question the size of this baby growing inside! Looks right on - or even a little ahead of the game to me.
This is the best picture we got from the ultrasound today. The head is on the right and face is looking straight ahead. The small circle near the top left is a hand. Yeah, I know, it's hard to see what's what. We're looking forward to the end of May and meeting the real deal!
This is the best picture we got from the ultrasound today. The head is on the right and face is looking straight ahead. The small circle near the top left is a hand. Yeah, I know, it's hard to see what's what. We're looking forward to the end of May and meeting the real deal!

1 comment:
Yay for ultrasound updates! Thanks, as always, for sharing.
Post a Comment