Saturday, May 3, 2008

24th Annual Lobster Race

No, you didn't read that wrong - we actually went to a lobster race last night! Apparently it's a pretty big deal here. This is what part of the advertisement said:

The race features Live Maine thoroughbred racing lobsters. Local restaurants provide gourmet food in the streets. Enjoy rides, family activities, a community performance stage and more!

Thoroughbred racing lobsters - REALLY?!! I've never heard of such a thing! I was hoping to eat some lobster there, but Marshall pointed out that it would have been a little inappropriate to serve them as food at this particular event! It was really more like a very small street fair. I can tell you I was a little disappointed in the actual race, and my food was far from gourmet, but overall Jack had a lot of fun and that's really why we went.


We had nothing for Jack to drink since we didn't take any strollers or extra bags, and the lines were too long to go back and get him something that I would deem appropriate for my two year old, so he got to share with Daddy. Also, check out his hair - it's out of control - we've got to get it cut!


Later, Jack decided to try the Diet version, which I think he seemed to prefer!

The lines for all the rides were ridiculously long, but we did manage to find this one which moved fairly quickly, and he absolutely loved it!




Sorry, no pictures of the actual lobster race. Trust me though, whatever you're picturing in your mind is MUCH better than the real deal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the small to charm and I do mean that sincerely. It reminds me of the Catfish festival, or something like that, in "Sweet Home Alabama." The slide pictures were great!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo. It was supposed to say small town charm.

Lottie said...

So you left the town with the Okra Strut and moved to a town that celebrate and races Lobsters! Hmmm hard to say which is better both sound so exciting I can hardly stand it!

Corrie said...

haha I'm picturing it with lobsters with numbers on their backs, scurrying towards the finish line. I guess it wasn't that exciting?