Friday, May 30, 2008

Mom of the Year

Yep, that's me. I let my son play outside in the pool at playgroup today for a couple hours . . . without any sunscreen. I know, I know, even though it was a cloudy day I should have known better, and I realized that a little too late. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but I do feel terrible. I didn't even know he was burned until he got undressed for his bath and this is what I saw . . . .



Despite his "glow," he still managed to have a good time in the tub with Anna.

If you could really see his face you would see a devilish gleam in his eyes . . .

. . . because he knew he was getting ready to do this!

Surprisingly she loved it! Also, if you look closely, you will see that Anna has a glow about her too. However, her glow is a slightly orange tint because she won't eat any green veggies - unless they're mixed with orange ones!

Jack doing what he loves best in the tub - dumping water on his head.

Anna's quite content to chew on the bath toys.

Don't you just love the new 'do?!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

At least it doesn't bother him! I put sunscreen on Mad one year at the beach, but I guess I should have put more on later. We went out that night and I couldn't figure out why he was acting so out of it and didn't want to do anything and ILL... then when we got back to the hotel I realize how bad he was burnt!

Shaun Garcia said...

The same thing happen with Liam this past weekend. We where biking in the mountains, and it was cool. When we changed his clothes WOW he was burnt.

Kelli said...

I posted a little blog especially for you. :)

Kelli said...

Actually, Noah's burn was because we forgot to RE-apply sunscreen. And the funny part is the sunburn didn't really bother him either - he got a splinter in his foot at the pool and THAT was the drama! We took him back to the hotel room to take the splinter out and the manager actually came to our room to make sure everything was okay because another guest had called about the child screaming in our room! Embarrassing!!!